Nola - Tree Nut Free Style
So, as you may or may not know by now, I am allergic to all nuts besides peanuts (since they are a legume). So while I was making my 'Nola' the first time, I was very sad that I couldn't enjoy not only the deliciousness of it, but also all the benefits of it! So, therefore - tree nut free Nola was invented! And honestly, it's probably better than the nutted Nola. It is a really different combination of ingredients, one you won't see in a store. To make up for some of the lost protein from the variety of nuts in Nola take 1 - I added in dried edamame beans. They are packed with fiber and a great source of protein as well! Seeds are tossed in and peanuts as well. Try them both and let me know what you think! Power Packed “Nola” - Tree Nut Free Style.
it's still granola without the grains, but now safe for those with tree nut allergies :)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup peanuts
- 3/4 cup dry roasted edamame beans
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup banana chips (unsweetened if possible)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- cinnamon and sea salt to preference
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut, beans, peanuts, chia seeds, cinnamon, coconut sugar, and salt.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, warm the coconut oil and honey and pour over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a large baking sheet and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until deep golden brown. ((All ovens are different, keep your eyes on this))
- Once the granola is visibly browned and done cooking, remove from the oven and let cool.
- Store in an air tight container and enjoy.