power packed waffles.
Breakfast should never be boring. And everything is way more fun in waffle form. So by blending fun and non-boring foods together, this recipe was born. Huge shout out for the idea from the team at @F_factor nutrition! These waffles are filling, delicious and so power packed. They are my new favorite. Ingredients:
- 3 GG Scandinavian crackers, blended into flour in nutri-bullet
- 1 scoop vital proteins, collagen peptides
- 1/2 scoop whey protein (only necessary if post workout)
- 1/2 small very ripe banana
- 1 egg
- cinnamon, preference
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. eating evolved chocolate coconut spread
- Add 3 GG's + your protein powders to a blender and blend until flour like consistency is created
- In a separate bowl, mash ripe banana until thin consistency created (TIP: I use frozen ripe bananas and microwave them to mash! This creates a perfect flavor and easier to mash to proper consistency) - mix banana with 1 egg and blend well.
- Pour in GG + protein mixture and add in - cinnamon, vanilla and heated up chocolate coconut spread.
- Mix well and pour into heated waffle iron. (may also make into pancakes!)
- Top with 1/2 cup berries and some either pure maple syrup, sugar free maple syrup OR a little melted peanut butter.
Legit - this recipe takes 5 minutes to blend and only a few to cook. Make as a meal or make a bunch and use as snacks. The mixture of protein, fiber, healthy fats and flavor will keep you going all day long. THIS is one of my new favorites friends! Enjoy!!
*PS – use my promo code to get a FREE gift on eating evolved’s website! use code: jennawtmt – trust me you will be as obsessed as I am with them.
*this recipe was adapted from: https://ffactor.com/fiber-pancake/ -- check out their website for lots of fiber packed ideas!!