Peanut Butter + Chocolate + Coconut Cookies
When you are snowed in and try to create something new out of your favorite things. Naturally it becomes a cookie. But it was a really, really good cookie. AND it featured two of my new faves from eating evolved! As you can see by now, I take a lot of the same ingredients and try to use them over and over again. These are my pantry staples, I always have them on hand - and maybe now you will too! Because they always taste yummy in every single variety...!
Get baking friends!
- 1 tbsp Eating Evolved unsweetened coconut butter
- ¼ cup peanut butter (or almond)
- 8 pitted dates
- 1/4 cup oatmeal or ancient grain oat blend (I used the Purely Elizabeth)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 squares of eating evolved dark chocolate OR ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the cup of a food processor OR super high power blender – Vitamix or Nutribullet – blend up dates, coconut and nut butters together. Add in salt, baking soda, vanilla and egg and blend again. Add your oat mixture and chia seeds. Blend again. Then finally, add the chocolate variety and pulse to combine.
- Scoop out the batter and form into small balls onto your baking sheet. Gently flatten the cookie dough to make more like a cookie.
- Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool on the pan for at least 10 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes at least 10 cookies - Try and get to 12 :)