Peanut Butter Chocolate ChickPea Cookies
All my recipes on here probably from first glance all seem like they are the same. BUT I can promise you the secret power ingredient in these babies will blow you away. To make softer, chewier "cookies" - today I tossed in 1 can of ground of chick peas. The result was amazing. Even if you hate beans, you have to try these. I promise you won't know they are in there when you are enjoying the chocolate peanut butter deliciousness of these little power cookies! Plus with each little one packing about 6 grams of protein, they will help you sail right through that afternoon slump!
- 1 can low sodium chickpeas, blended to paste like consistency
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used whey)
- 2 scoops collagen peptides (vital proteins)
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp eating evolved unsweetened coconut butter
- 2 tbsp ground flaxmeal
- 1/4 cup pure or sugar free maple syrup
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- Drain and rinse one can of chickpeas and pour into a blender or food processor. Blend until paste like consistency is achieved.
- Add to bowl. Add in all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Place parchment paper on baking tray and roll dough (it will feel oddly wet, but thats ok!) into ~15 cookies.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Check after 12 minutes and use discretion until desired doneness is achieved.
Nutrition: Cookies come out to roughly, 90 calories, 6g protein and 2g of fiber each!