6 Ingredients. 4 Food Groups. The PERFECT meal.
So - if you follow me on instagram you know by now I am fully beyond obsessed with the GG pancakes/waffles. I mean, its easy to be obsessed with something that has only 6 ingredients, contains chocolate, has over 16g of belly filling fiber and can have over 20g protein - PLUS a serving of fruit and veggies. Convinced yet? I get asked all the time for the details of my favorite combo of these babies, so I thought I would post.
I love a lot of things about this meal - including how easy it is, how you can really make it anywhere (with a little planning ahead), how delicious it is, but most of all - I love how it makes me feel. After eating this meal I feel satisfied, energized, light and happy. Those are feelings you should always feel after eating.
So keep that in mind next time you eat - and if you don't feel that way, ask yourself why?
If you are in need of a new breakfast, seriously try these. Today I am at my mama's house at the beach - brought my ingredients and enjoyed them after an awesome walk. But the best part, I even got my brother (who ate a bagel for breakfast) - to say "those actually smell like real pancakes."
Try them and don't forget to tell me what you think!
- 4 GG's - ground up in a nutri-bullet to flour-like consistency
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins collagen peptides (protein powder - sometimes I use whey if post workout instead)
- 1/2 banana - sliced
- 1 egg
- 1/4 zucchini grated
- 1 tbsp Lilys No Sugar Added Chocolate Chips
- Optional/as needed: 1-2 tbsp. coconut milk or water to loosen the batter
- Mix all ingredients together. Adding egg last to combine all ingredients well.
- As needed add coconut milk or water to loosen up the batter.
- Pour over a hot skillet pan or into a hot waffle iron.
- Recommended to make into 2 smaller pancakes.
- Top with 1/2 cup berries, a touch of pure maple syrup or a little sugar free maple syrup or 1 tbsp nut butter depending on your preference.
- AND ENJOY the greatness!!!
Today's batch enjoyed with the ocean in the background. Life is good :)
Happy Monday friends!