Honestly - waffle irons are a freaking GAME CHANGER. This recipe couldn't be simpler, but it looks so fancy in waffle form!!
Packing in almost 30g protein & almost 20g fiber - at BREAKFAST, makes this gorgeous meal a win in so many ways. Play with the veggies, change it up and make it new over and over again. This is definitely going to become a staple for me.
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup plain Good Culture cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tbsp milk (I used coconut)
- salt free - garlic & herb seasoning
- ~1 cup veggies (I used a blend of chopped broccoli & shredded brussels sprouts)
- 1-2 tbsp Arla herbs & spices cream cheese
- 4 GG crackers
- Plug in & heat up that waffle iron (spray with cooking spray to grease)
- Over medium heat saute your veggies of choice - would recommend chopping them into small pieces.
- In a bowl add 1 egg, 1 egg white, cottage cheese, parm cheese & spices - mix well.
- Once veggies cooked to your desired doneness, add into bowl with egg mixture and mix to combine.
- Pour mixture on to hot waffle iron.
- While waiting for waffle to be done, top 4 GG crackers with Arla cream cheese.
- Cut waffle into 4 pieces, place one piece on top of each cracker AND DEVOUR!