High Fiber BAGELS.
I absolutely cannot take credit for this idea. ALLLLL the props go to SkinnyTaste & all my clients & friends who have sent me this recipe saying "can we make these with fiber!" - so THANK YOU to all of you - you know who you are :) But this morning, I had a chance to play around with the recipe & make a ridiculously high fiber version of this skinnytaste masterpiece (links to OG recipe) & they were AMAZING. Now size wise, they were not big bagels by any stretch, but flavor wise they were soft, a little salty, and easy to spread some peanut butter on :) They are TOTALLY customizable - I mean take your favorite bagel and make that version - im talking cinnamon raisin, everything (pictured), onion, blueberry - any combo you want! You could even play around with the yogurt flavor if you wanted to! So many exciting options!
But anyways - for the really well written details of how to make these, I definitely recommend reading the master's post - aka SkinnyTaste - for the Jenna version - see below! Cannot wait to hear what you guys think!!
OH AND - I made 2.5 servings out of this recipe, so really 2 servings & a snack basically (I should have made 2 bigger bagels & 1 small one so if you are doing this, try that!) - and with that each serving comes to roughly 150 calories, 15g protein & 16g fiber - I MEAN!!!!!!!! RIDIC!
- 4 GGs, ground to flour
- 3/4 cup Poop Like a Champion Cereal
- 2 tbsp all whites egg whites
- 1 cup plain Siggi's yogurt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Toppings: everything but the bagel spice
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees & grease a baking tray
- Place GGs & cereal in blender & grind down to flour
- Pour flour into a bowl & add in baking powder & salt & mix well
- Fold in plain yogurt and mix using a spatula - it will look chunky like photo above - then add in egg whites - can add more if needed to get the dough to stick well
- Knead dough to combine really well - can do this on the counter like Skinnytaste recommends or in the bowl like lazy Jenna did :) Knead it until the dough no longer sticks to your hand
- Then roll dough & form bagels! Now, I messed up on my portions here - I would totally have done 2 bigger bagels and one smaller one to make 2.5 servings a little easier - but you can form into how ever many you want - 4-5 mini bagels works too! Up to you to meet your needs best!
- Place on baking tray and bake for 25 minutes. Let cool for at least 10-15 before cutting open & then ENJOY!!!!