Baked BANZA *with a TON of veggies* #ResolvetoEatMorePasta
I loved absolutely everything about Banza’s January RD challenge. They challenged us to think about resolutions and all the demands that January typically puts on us all. The pressure to be a NEW YOU, start fresh, be better, restrict blah blah blah. All the things that make me cringe.
Anyways, the bad ass Banza team flipped the script on the typical January focus & i love it. They believe, just like I do that you should set BIG goals and be realistic as to how you achieve them. Cutting things out, depriving yourself, adding pressure sets you up for failure. Instead, learning how to get there in a safe & happy way and enjoying yourself along the way. That’s what counts. This relates a lot to how I coach my clients. The 30 day short term fixes don’t work. The education, the understanding, the enjoyment of the process, that’s the game changer.
So - #resolvetoeatmorepasta challenge GAME ON. I took a typical high fat baked ziti & loaded it with veggies for a twist you cannot resist. The volume is insane. And the flavor is RIDIC. Im fully obsessed with this dish and cannot wait to hear what you all think.
So thank you TEAM BANZA for this challenge and for reminding us all that goals should always look this good, taste this good and allow you to feel this happy.
3 cups cooked banza pasta
1 cup zoodles
1 cup diced onions
2 cups spaghetti squash "noodles"
1 pound ground turkey
2 cups Rao's garden vegetable sauce
1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
1 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Over medium heat, brown 1 pound lean ground turkey breast with 1 cup diced onions. Cook until almost totally cooked through.
3. In a bowl while turkey is cooking, combine all other ingredients and mix well.
4. Add in turkey and onions to the rest of the ingredients and combine.
5. Pour mixture into greased baking pan (I used a long one, I have no idea the measurements because let's be serious I am not a chef and we know this.)
6. Bake for 35 minutes. Optional to add some cheese on top, I did not!
Cut into 6 portions!
If you use these ingredients and make 6 portions nutrition is as follows:
350 calories per serving